It’s hard to count the exact number of African Americans who were lynched by white mobs during the years following slavery. Numbers show most of these brutal, deadly acts occurred in the South, between the 1870s and the 1950s.
Updated at 6:47 p.m. ET The White House is denying that President Trump believes Russia is no longer targeting U.S. elections and other infrastructure, despite his apparent answer to a reporter's question Wednesday morning. Asked by reporters at the start of a Cabinet meeting whether Russia is still targeting the U.S., Trump shook his head and said "no." Later, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders sought to clarify Trump's comments, saying his "no" meant that he was not taking any...
With warmer weather and more outdoor activities comes the increase in snake sightings in North Carolina. There are nearly 40 species of snakes in the state with one of the most common being the copperhead . Despite the fact that there are copperheads in every county in North Carolina, there are still a lot of misconceptions and myths about them says herpetologist Jeff Beane .
Like & Follow WUNC
- White House insists Trump believes Russia still a threat
- Jewish nation state: Israel approves controversial bill
- Australia's PM says Pope must sack archbishop
- Pakistan election: BBC interview with Dawn newspaper boss stirs controversy
- Turkey ends state of emergency after two years
- Court rules South Korea must pay for Sewol victims