More than 1.4 million veterans of all ages rely on government food assistance, but food insecurity is disproportionately common among post 9/11 veterans.
Updated at 10:45 p.m. ET At least 10 people were killed when a gunman opened fire inside a small-town Texas high school, in what Gov. Greg Abbott called "probably the worst disaster ever to strike this community." Ten others were wounded in the morning attack at Santa Fe High School. A 17-year-old suspect is in custody and being held at Galveston County jail without bond, school district officials said in tweet , adding that the alleged shooter is being charged with capital murder and...
More than 40 million people provide unpaid care to a family member or loved one, according to data from the National Alliance for Caregiving . But these statistics leave out youth caregivers: a group of more than a million young people under the age of 18 who care for a family member because of a chronic health condition, disability, or a mental health problem, including addiction.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Havana plane crash leaves more than 100 dead
- Santa Fe school shooting: 10 dead and 10 wounded in Texas
- Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr bloc wins Iraq elections
- All Chile's 34 bishops offer resignation to Pope over sex abuse scandals
- Saudi Arabia 'detains seven activists' ahead of lifting of driving ban
- Rapper Diddy buys $21.1m Kerry James Marshall painting