Earlier this week, police shot and killed Keith Lamont Scott in Charlotte, N.C., sparking days of protests and conflicting accounts of the moment that led to his death. Amid the demonstrations, one chant in particular rippled through the crowds: "Release the tapes."Now, Charlotte police have done just that.At a press conference Saturday, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Kerr Putney announced the decision to release additional information and footage from two police cameras that captured the...
What Does Early Voting Data Tell Us?For those who can't wait to get this election over with, there's good news — early voting is starting.The bad news: That only applies to you if you live in one of 37 states that offer some kind of early voting (in person, absentee or by mail) without an excuse needed.More than 1 in 3 people is expected to cast a ballot early this year. On Friday, voters in Minnesota and South Dakota can start turning in absentee ballots. On Saturday, they can do so in...
Like & Follow WUNC
- Police release bodycam footage of Keith Scott shooting
- Syria conflict: UN chief 'appalled' by Aleppo escalation
- Obama opens African-American museum in Washington DC
- Washington state attack: Manhunt after Burlington shootings
- Hungary PM suggests giant migrant city in Libya
- Ugandan police block gay pride parade
We bring the issues, personalities, and places of North Carolina to you.