At least three Republicans in North Carolina's Congressional delegation are not satisfied with the GOP's plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.
Republicans will be tested today on the strength of party unity in the Trump era and their party's ability to deliver on the promises they've made to the voters that sent them here. "This is our chance and this is our moment. It's a big moment," House Speaker Paul Ryan told reporters earlier this week. "And I think our members are beginning to appreciate just what kind of a 'rendezvous with destiny' we have right here." The moment is particularly defining for Ryan, the reluctant speaker who...
Marc Edwards has been named among the most influential people in the world by Time, Fortune, Politico, and Foreign Policy Magazine. Edwards is a professor of civil and environmental engineering at Virginia Tech , and he blew the whistle on the water crisis in Flint, Mich . His fight for clean water started long before Flint became national news. Edwards spent 13 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars of his own money fighting city officials and state representatives to reveal water-safety...
Like & Follow WUNC
- London attack: World leaders show solidarity
- Ukraine munitions blasts prompt mass evacuations
- Israel holds 19-year-old over threats against Jewish centres
- Man held for 'driving at crowd' in Antwerp, Belgium
- Afghan Taliban capture crucial town of Sangin
- Air India files complaint as MP boasts of beating steward